Who is eligible to be a guest?
- Lives more than 50 miles from the hospital.
- Has a permanent home to return to after his/her stay.
- Is an important support person for the patient.
- Patient is in active treatment (at least 1 appointment/week)
- Is not likely to put the host family at risk.
- Is not moving to Boston permanently.
Please note: Hospitality Homes requires all patients staying in a host home to be accompanied by another guest. Hospitality Homes allows a maximum of 4 guests per night in a volunteer host home. Patients must also be seen at the hospital at least once per week to be considered in active medical treatment. Our program cannot accomodate pets.
Before informing our hosts of your request, the Program Manager will contact you to let you know your application is ready to be placed on the request list. At this time, she will collect your credit card information in case you cancel your stay after we have placed you with a host family or if you fail to notify that you have made other housing arrangements.
- You will be charged a fee of $50.00 if you fail to notify the program manager via phone or email more than 48 hours before your arrival date.
- You will be charged a fee of $100.00 if you fail to notify the program manager via phone or email within 48 hours of your arrival date.
The Application/Placement ProcESS
- You will need to complete an application for housing, either online or by calling us at 888.595.4678 ext 2 and speaking with a member of our staff.
- After you complete the application online, a Hospitality Homes staff member will call you to confirm that we have received it. At this time, any missing or additional information we need to assist us in your placement will be requested. This is also an opportunity for you to ask questions about the program.
- We will then call each personal reference you provide. If we are not successful in getting a response after three attempts, we will ask you to provide a new reference. In order to expedite the reference check and the processing of your application, we suggest that you:
- Notify each reference in advance, provide some information about Hospitality Homes, and explain why we will be calling.
- Ask each reference to call Hospitality Homes directly.
- We will contact you to reconfirm your need for housing after all references are cleared.
Confirming a Stay
- Although you may submit an application at any time, our host families often can't confim their plans until closer to your arrival date. We do our best to confirm your housing placement as soon as we heard from a host, however the timing is not predictable.
- Placing you with a host family may take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. As soon as we find housing for you, we will call you and provide the host’s name, phone number, address, and approximate distance from the host home to your treatment facility. It will then be your responsibility to call the host directly and make arrangements for your arrival. If we are not able to match you with a host, we will refer you to other housing options in the area.
Share your Story
- We hope you will share your story with us. Please leave us your testimonial in the plain piece of paper provided to you in the Guest Welcome Packet or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Share your experience on your Facebook Page or Twitter.
Please note: Our online application is a secure form. Because we have added security to the document to protect your information, your web browser may ask you to approve the use of the security certificate. If prompted, choose "yes" to proceed. If an additional box appears prompting you to choose a digital certificate, click on "ok."
P.O. Box 15265
Boston, MA 02215
Call: (888) 595-4678
Fax: (617) 582-7980
United Way Number - 103393